Subject: Invitation to UNIDROIT-ABLI webinar - “Digital Asset Case Studies: Insights from China, SG and Global Initiatives”
From: "UNIDROIT Secretariat" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiitsministeerium"
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 12:24:18 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

The Unidroit Secretariat is pleased to invite Member States to a webinar
titled “Digital Asset Case Studies: Insights from China, SG and Global
Initiatives” to be held online on Tuesday, 3 September 2024 from 4:00 p.m.
to 5:15 p.m. (Singapore, SGT) or 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 p.m. (Rome CEST).

This webinar, jointly organized by Unidroit and the Singapore-based Asian
Business Law Institute (ABLI), is expected to provide an overview of the
Unidroit Principles on Digital Assets and Private Law, discuss varying
definitions of digital assets and concepts such as control and possession
in different jurisdictions, examine property law treatment of digital
assets in key jurisdictions and the ensuing (proprietary) remedies
available, and explore the creation of security interests over digital
assets in different places (e.g., can security interests be created over
such assets, and if so, how can those security interests be enforced?).
China and Singapore will be among the key jurisdictions featuring in the
discussions, with general references to other common law and civil law
jurisdictions.

Invited speakers include:

1.      Professor Louise Gullifer KC (Hon) FBA, Rouse Ball Professor of
English Law, University of Cambridge and Chair of the Drafting Committee
for the Unidroit Principles on Digital Assets and Private Law

2.      Leow Jiamin, Partner, WongPartnership LLP (Singapore)

3.      Zeng Wenwen, Partner, Tian Yuan Law Firm (China)

Registration

Member States are invited to register by following the steps below:

1.      Step 1: go to the registration site here
<https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/digital-asset-case-studies-insights-from-chin
a-sg-and-global-initiatives-tickets-895815266577>

2.      Step 2: click on the red “Get tickets” icon

3.      Step 3: in the new display window showing ticket categories, click
on “Enter code” which appears at the very top (“promo code”) and enter
code “UNIDROIT”, then click “Apply”

4.      Step 4: the complimentary ticket category of “UNIDROIT Member
States” is unlocked

5.      Step 5: select this ticket category, enter the number of
registrations desired, and proceed to check out by providing names and
e-mail addresses to receive Zoom details.

For queries concerning the registration process, please contact Catherine
Shen of ABLI at [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> .

Attendance is complimentary for Member States but subject to availability.
The deadline for registration is Friday, 30 August 2024 at 9.00 a.m.
(CEST) or when all seats are taken up.

Unidroit Secretariat

Via Panisperna 28  |  00184, Rome, Italy
 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]  |
<http://www.unidroit.org/> www.unidroit.org
office: +39 (0)6 69 62 145

 <https://www.facebook.com/UNIDROIT/>   <https://twitter.com/UNIDROITorg>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMdSut63MHP0423wQNeJH4w>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/international-institute-for-the-unificat
ion-of-private-law/>